Sports News: Twins’ Francisco Liriano Fires No-hitter vs. White Sox; His 1st Complete Game in his 95th Career Start


Francisco Liriano’s 123rd pitch of the night headed to the plate, and Adam Dunn turned on it.The ball streaked toward the left side of the infield. For an instant, it appeared Liriano’s no-hit bid might be shattered with one out to go.

Shortstop Matt Tolbert took two steps to his right, gloved the liner, spun around and raised the ball in triumph with his bare hand. Then he sprinted to the mound, where the pitcher was being mobbed by teammates, to personally deliver the prize.
On a cold night at U.S. Cellular Field, Liriano wiped away the memory of all those shaky outings this season, pitching a no-hitter that led the Minnesota Twins over the Chicago White Sox 1-0 Tuesday.
 “It was a crazy night,” said Liriano, who might have been pitching to save his spot in the rotation following a 1-4 start with a 9.13 ERA coming in.
 “When I go out there I try to think positive,” he said. “I don’t want to think about, ‘They’re going to put me in the bullpen.’ I just try to do my best.”
WRITTEN BY & FULL STORY HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment