Music News: Rihanna Admits Chris Brown Altercation Helped Her Music?!

She went from "Umbrella" to "S&M." Everything happens for a reason. And according to Vogue, Rihanna believes this to be true.
She tells them that her altercation allowed her to personally connect with her music, something that's been an obstacle for her. Rest of Interview after the Break.

“It actually gave me a lot of liberation. What I mean is, I was able to tap into the personal part of my music. I started to tell stories through my music that were actually my stories."

Do you think this made her music better?

“It made me look at the world in a much bigger way because my life was suddenly superduper magnified; all eyes were on me. I needed that in my life to know how to say, ‘F**k off!’ To know how to keep my head high even in the worst of situations. I keep using the word unapologetic, but there’s a freedom that has come with all of that. Where you feel like you don’t have to make an excuse for being yourself.”

No comments:

Post a Comment